1 July 2014

Crowned Eagle

I have been very quiet recently and I apologize for that, it is not that I have not been doing anything just haven't found the time to share anything with you.
for a long time I have been trying to capture my resident pair of Crowned Eagles in flight and never been able to but I finally managed to this the other day.

Crowned Eagles, male on the left and female on the right

Crowned Eagle pair

sub-adult Crowned Eagle
 The Crowned Eagle is not our largest Eagle in South Africa, that honor goes to the Martial Eagle, it is however the most powerful, and a truly awesome bird to have flying around. I was lucky enough to ring an adult female Crowned Eagle 2 weeks ago and what an awesome bird to ring, it takes a 26mm dia ring and its hind talon is in excess of 55mm.

I also had 2 Pied Crows flying around, then this Peregrene Falcon (on the left) chased them away

No comments:

Post a Comment